This describes how to get your RoundCube 0.9.5 instance embedded into your ownCloud 6.x installation. You would this primarily as a convenience for heavy ownCloud users, so they don't need to leave ownCloud to interact with their webmail client.
On Your Server:
- Download the roundcube app from the ownCloud apps repo.
- Unzip it in your ownCloud web root (usually /var/www/owncloud)
- Set the permissions to be readable by your webserver:
In a Debian installation, that looks like this
$ sudo chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/owncloud/apps/roundcube
Inside ownCloud's Web Interface
- Scroll down the apps menu and click on the +Apps icon
- Scoll down till you see RoundCube Mail and select it.
- Press Enable
- Click on your name in the top-right hand corner to reveal your menu.
- Press Admin
- Scroll down to RoundCube Settings.
- In Basic Settings type the absolute path to the RoundCube installation, usually /roundcube/
- Press Save.
Log into RoundCube Mail inside ownCloud
- Click on your name in the top-right hand corner to reveal your menu again.
- Press Personal
- Scroll down to RoundCube Mailaccount and enter your username and password.
- Click on the Webmail icon in the apps menu on the left
You should now see the app logging you in and after a few seconds, hey presto, there's your RoundCube session inside ownCloud.