This describes how to simply forward an internal port to Internet in OpenWRT 12.09:
- Click on Network.
- Click on Firewall.
- Click on Traffic Rules
- Scroll down to New forward rule.
- Enter in an appropriate name for the rule. Appending "- out" is useful.
- Set the Source zone to lan, usually it's the default already.
- The Destination zone should default to wan. Select wan if it isn't already selected.
- Press Add and edit....
- Set the Protocol as appropriate
- Check the Source zone is correctly set to lan.
- Check the Destination zone is correctly set to wan.
- Set Destination port to the port you wish to allow out.
- Press Save & Apply.
You should now be able to test this port access out from the lan to the wan and it ought to have been successful :-)