ownCloud 6 comes with a fantastic Mozilla Sync option that allows you to synchronise your Firefox bookmarks and other settings with your ownCloud instance rather than using Mozilla or another less credible third party provider. This is how I set it up:
In your ownCloud Instance:
- Enable Mozilla Sync if you haven't already
- Click on your username in the top right-hand corner
- Click on Personal
- Set your email address in owncloud (if it's not done already)
- Scroll down to Mozilla Sync where you'll find the information required to configure Firefox.
In Firefox on Your Desktop
- Open Firefox
- Open up Firefox preferences
- Select the Sync icon
- Click on Setup Firefox Sync
- Click on Create a New Account
- On the Account Details window:
- Select: Use a custom server...
- Enter your email address as per Mozilla Sync in ownCloud
- Enter your ownCloud password
- Enter your server address as per Mozilla Sync in ownCloud
- Press Next
If you entered your credentials correctly, you should be returned to the Sync tab in Firefox preferences.
Enjoy syncing Firefox to your own cloud :-)