Tony Morris gave
an excellent and informative talk that was mostly well beyond my current skill sets.
some key points were:
- Believes that functional programming as already won "the war".
- Parametricity is a tool of hight reward.
- Every programme terminates in a "total language".
- Gave an excellent and detailed example of a fictional parametric language.
- Covered the limits of parametricity using Haskell as an example.
However my understanding of parametricity is greater than when I entered the room :-)
Sitting next to Brendan O'Dea for his post talk rants was definitely a good