Keith spoke about porting Python to mobile devices. CPython being written in C
enables it to leverage the supported platforms of the C language and be
compiled a wide range of platforms.
There was a deep dive in the options and pitfalls when selecting a method to
and implementing Python on Android phones.
Ouroboros is a pure Python implementation of the Python standard library.
Most of the tools discussed are at an early stage of development.
- Being able to run on new or mobile platforms addresses an existential threat.
- The threat also presents an opportunity to grown, broaden and improve Python.
- Wants Python to be a "first contact" language, like (Visual) Basic once was.
- Unlike Basic, Python also support very complex concepts and operations.
- Presents an opportunity to encourage broader usage by otherwise passive
- Technical superiority is rarely enough to guarantee success.
- A breadth of technical domains is required for Python to become this choice.
- Technical problems are the easiest to solve.
- Te most difficult problems are social and community and require more
Keith's will be putting his focus into
BeeWare and related projects.
Fortune favours the prepared mind