- Switching from Processor centric computing to memory driven computing
- Described how the memory fabric works.
- Will be able to connect any computing node to the shared memory.
- Illustrated node assembly.
- Next prototype will interconnect 320 terrabytes of memory accessible storage.
- Planning to build larger machines.
- Putting in facilities to protect the hardware from a compromised operating
- Showed how fabric attached memory connects.
- Linux is being ported to the machine.
- Linux with HPE changes.
- All work is being open sourced.
- Creating a new file system allocate mempry in 8G units.
- Library File System (LFS)
- Currently focussing on Librarian, machine-wide shared memory allocator.
- Trying to provide a two level allocation scheme
- POSIX API.
- No sparse files.
- Locking is not global.
- Farbic attached memory is not cache coherent
- Read errors are signalled synchronously.
- Write errors are asynchronous and require a barrier.
- Went through all the areas they're working on Free Software.